Here are 10 ideas for recognizing NATIONAL MENTORING MONTH!
1. Become a mentor in your community. Find the right organization for you at www.mmpomaha.org. MMP partners with 12 local mentoring organizations all offering unique programs to best fit your interests.
2. Learn more about mentoring by attending the 2013 MMP Annual Summit on January 31st at the DoubleTree Hotel in Downtown Omaha. Please visit http://mmpomaha.eventbrite.com for more information and registration.
3. Join Midlands Mentoring Partnership and friends on Wednesday, January 23rd as Governor Dave Heineman proclaims January as National Mentoring Month at the State Capitol in Lincoln.
- 5. “Like” Partnership 4 Kids on Facebook and repost our announcements to friends. And, find the Facebook page for Midlands Mentoring Partnership and “Like” them too!
6. On Thank A Mentor Day (January 17th), think about the mentors in your life and write them a thank you note to let them know how much you value them.
7. Invite Partnership 4 Kids to speak at your church, business, or civic group about Mentoring.
8. “Follow” Partner4Kids or MentorNebraska on Twitter and share our information with friends.
9. Serve your community on Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service by deciding to become a mentor.
10. Share your time, talent or treasure to support a mentoring organization in your community!