What do Goal Buddies do?
Goal Buddies are caring volunteers who visit elementary school classrooms an average of once a month to focus on motivating student performance in reading, math, and life skills through goal setting and relationships. Goal Buddies work to support and motivate classrooms and students to do their best!
Expectations of a Goal Buddy:
- Pairs of Goal Buddies are assigned to meet with two classrooms for an academic year. (Each visit lasts approximately 30 minutes and are scheduled so volunteers know in advance when their visits will take place.)
- Goal Buddies are asked to make a commitment to volunteer for a minimum of 1 school year. This averages one visit a month totaling an hour and a half of volunteer time. Goal Buddies are asked to attend quarterly goal achievement celebrations, to award students who have met their goals.
- Staff support- a program coordinator is present at every visit.
- Ongoing training and development
- Quarterly updates on student academic progress.
- Annual surveys designed to gather your feedback and strengthen the program.
- Invitations to mixers, trainings, and events designed especially for you, our mentors.
Questions? Contact our Recruitment Team:
After an initial conversation, application & background screen, our team would be happy to help you find the mentoring experience that is the perfect fit for you. We will train you to ensure you have the tools you need as a P4K mentor.